Many ways to Volunteer
There are many ways to volunteer with your county Republican party.
- Help in many other ways
The San Mateo County Republican Party is currently accepting applications for interns. This is a tremendous opportunity for individuals serious about a career in politics. No previous political experience is required! This opportunity is open to high school students, college students, and graduates.
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Dependability and flexibility
- At least 10 hours per week
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- An interest in local and state politics!
Boards and Commissions
Each of the 20 plus municipalities in San Mateo County as well as the County government, have opportunities for citizen to serve in both advisory and decision making positions. Being appointed and serving on a Board or Commission is a great way to understand how the local government works, the issues faced and it looks great on your resume if you do decide to run for office.
Unlike running for an office, vacancies in these positions happen at various times and you need to apply when there are openings. Qualifications vary by position from just being a resident of the city/town to fulfilling other qualifications.
- Check out the links below to find the for Board and Commission listings for your city/town. Some seats maybe available city wide or require you to be a resident of a specific district in your city.
- Check out the link to Santa Clara County Boards and Commissions. Openings are based on the Supervisorial District in which you reside.
- Follow the APPLICATION procedure outlined. It will vary for each city and the county.
- For additional information or to be invited to a webinar to learn more contact the 3rd Vice Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please fill out the contact form Contact Form – SMGOP (smgop1.org)
Congratulations on considering running for office, either a local non-partisan office or a state level partisan office.